Instagram Marketing Growth
Social media has become a part of our lives these days. Almost every individual on the internet is active on at least one social networking site. So, using social media for marketing has become one of the most sought after e-marketing tips. There are many social networking sites out there like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and LinkedIn. Each social networking site has its own set of advantages and disadvantages regarding marketing. In this article, let us discuss Instagram marketing growth and tips on Instagram marketing.
Instagram is one of the most used social networking sites these days. It has a heavy user base with approximately 500 million daily users. Instagram is now crowned as the fastest growing social networking site at 5% growth per quarter which is way more than the growth rate of Facebook and Snapchat. According to a survey, nearly one in three internet users is an active Instagram user which makes it the best platform for marketing. The growth in the user-base of Instagram facilitates the Instagram marketing growth like never before.
As mentioned above, Instagram has a pretty huge user base with 500 million active users daily. More than a billion people are accessing Instagram in a month which makes it the third most used social networking site after Facebook and YouTube. But that doesn’t alone make it the best choice for digital marketing. One of the main reasons for Instagram marketing growth is most of its users are under 30. Nearly every one out of two adults between 18-29 uses Instagram regularly. So, targeting this audience will be enough for a business to succeed.
Top tips for Marketing on Instagram
Instagram has become one of the most powerful social networking sites with nearly 4.2 billion posts being posted daily. Due to this many posts, the average life span of an Instagram post has become very less. The main challenge in Instagram marketing is that whatever you post, it has to attract as many as target audiences within a short period of time. In order to achieve this, you need to follow some tips for Instagram marketing.
Let us now see some powerful Instagram marketing tips that can help you attract a plethora of audiences in a short period of time and drive traffic to your site.
1. Build your business account
The first tip in the list of Instagram marketing tips is to build a separate business account for your business.
- It is advisable to maintain a separate Instagram account for your business profile rather than using your account for the business purpose.
- Never post any personal photos and videos or anything other than your brand on your Instagram business account.
- Make sure that your username is the same as your brand name or at least somehow related to it.
- Also, maintain a constant username and profile picture to make a long-lasting impression among the users.
- Mention your website’s link in the bio.
- Also, mention your business details in brief in the bio.
2. Create Popular Instagram posts that users like to follow
The second tip in the list of Instagram marketing tips is to create popular Instagram posts that users like to follow.
- Try to create something viral which attracts many users.
- Make sure that in the process of creating viral posts, don’t forget that you are allowed to post content about your brand only.
- So, try to make something creative with your brand. Being creative with what you post can increase your Instagram marketing growth in a dramatic way.
- Also, try to use more colorful images to promote your brand rather than dark photos.
- You may think black and white images are more elegant when compared to the color ones. But, according to a survey, color photos receive more reach than black and white ones.
3. Make proper use of Hashtags on Instagram
The next e-marketing tip for Instagram marketing on the list is to make proper use of Hashtags.
- Hashtags are the best way to widen your Instagram marketing growth.
- Search for the trending Hashtags which are suitable for your brand and use them for your promotion.
- You can find the list of trending Hashtags in the weekly trends released by Instagram.
You have two kinds of Hashtags that you can use while posting an advertisement on Instagram. They are:
General Hashtags are those that anyone can use on Instagram, depending on the content of an image. “#Sunrise” springs to mind, as do “#foodie” and “#wine.” But frankly, these example Hashtags are so broad that it may be a bit hard to get noticed using them.
Instead, try to find niche-specific hashtags within your niche. This increases your chances of attracting the target audience to your content.
A quick Google search can bring you lists of niche-specific hashtags by industry. The Post planner has a nice list of Hashtags.
If you want to get further more creative, see what hashtags most of your existing followers use. This is a better way to find the right audience to appeal to.
If you’re planning to launch an Instagram campaign, you must use a branded Hashtag. This applies to new product launches, influencer shoutouts (keep reading), or contests.
These hashtags are specific tags that only apply to your brand. They could be your brand name, the name of a person or product, or something unique you’ve created for your own campaign.
Branded hashtags are much easier to follow because they’re almost always used to talk about your brand. You can track the reach of your hashtags throughout a campaign to help judge whether the attack was a success.
This also lets you compare several other campaigns against one another, to see which strategy was more effective. If one hashtag received twice as many mentions as the other, that campaign was the winner!
4. Contests and Giveaways
The next powerful Instagram marketing tip is to organize contests and distribute giveaways.
- You can also conduct some competition on Instagram to attract users.
- Make a series of posts about the contest. Don’t reveal every detail about the competition in a single post. Always publish information post by post.
- Also, don’t forget to post attractive photos of Giveaways which you are planning to give after the contest.
- Also, make sure that the giveaways are worth participating in but not too costly for you to giveaway.
5. Include URL in your videos
The next top tip for Instagram marketing is to include URLs in your videos.
- It is always a better way to include a part of orally saying the URL at the end of every promotional video.
- For example, I made a promotional video for my blog. Instead of saying, “Hey, Check out the link in the bio…!!!”, you can say, “Hey stay tuned for my blog www.techi9.com.”
6. Invest in Instagram ads
The next e-marketing tip in the list of marketing tips for Instagram is to invest in Instagram advertisements.
- It is not a bad idea to invest in Instagram ads. Although Instagram ensures your post to reach most of your target users organically, you can invest in Instagram ads to make sure that you reach 100% of your target active users.
7. Create Unique Lifestyle Photos that capture your Brand culture
The next tip in the list of best Instagram marketing tips is to create unique lifestyle photos for marketing that capture your brand culture.
- Most of the companies promote their brand through clear images showcasing their product alone.
- But it is a better idea to create lifestyle photos that capture your brand culture.
- For example, yours is a shoe company. Instead of posting the pics of shoes alone all the time, try to create pics of the users using your brand shoes for their morning walk.
8. Use Instagram editing tools to stand out
Another powerful tip for Instagram marketing on the list is to make proper usage of Instagram editing tools to stand out.
- Instagram offers a wide range of filters for photos.
- According to a survey, the photos which used appropriate Instagram filters got more user attention when compared to the standard images.
- Hence, it is recommended to post your photo only if you know which filter is appropriate.
9. Write active and inviting captions
The next marketing tip for Instagram marketing is to write active and inviting captions.
- Master the art of writing captions for your posts.
- Don’t ever write anything unrelated to your brand even in the captions too.
- Try to ask some questions to the users to make them curious about your brand. The more the interaction with the users, the more your Instagram marketing growth will be.
- If you are going to launch a new product of your brand, ask the users to guess what it is.
- Plan the launch very carefully such that users get curious about the product.
10. Pay attention to the statistics of your media
Another powerful Instagram marketing tip is to pay attention to the statistics of your media which helps you keep track of your progress in your marketing.
- Also, keep an eye on the posts which you have posted earlier.
- It is a good practice to find out the best time to post on your account so that most of the users interact with your posts.
- You can do it by analyzing the previous posts on your account.
- By checking your previous posts, you can make sure to avoid posting in genres that got negative comments in the past.
11. Know when to post on Instagram
The next e-marketing tip for Instagram marketing is posting on specific times.
A recent survey proved that the best time to post on Instagram is between 7-9 pm. So that’s simple – make sure you post all your photos then!
If you think it is too simple, it’s because it is. You can’t rely on a few surveys – your target audience isn’t necessarily online when those others are. Instead, concentrate on finding the best times to post for your target audience, when you actually know they’re paying attention.
To do this, you may want a social listening tool that can monitor Instagram engagement. These social listening tools can track your Instagram posts, then informs you which ones perform the best, based on the time and date.
If you’re not convinced with that, here are some more Instagram marketing tips.
- Always Aim for non-working hours (lunch and evenings)
- Post ion weekends if you’re a B2C firm; probably not for B2B
- Wednesdays and Thursdays seem to be the best days for engagement
- 3-4 pm is generally the worst for meeting
In the end, it’ll just take a little research to figure out what works best for you. Always monitor your posts – and your competitors – to arrive at an optimum level of posting schedule for your account.
12. Like vs. comment wars
Another powerful Instagram marketing tip is implementing Like vs comment wars on Instagram.
- Like vs. Comment strategy also works well on Facebook and Twitter as it does on Instagram.
- Just conduct a quick poll/survey with your followers and let them vote by using either “comment” or “like.” It’s an easy way to increase engagements with your target audience and doesn’t take much effort.
- Otherwise, you can ask users to choose “A” or “B” in the comments section.
- If you sell shoes, have your followers select their favorite color/model. If you’re a University, let them choose their favorite uniform for the baseball team.
- Make it fun and engaging and also generate some interest. But above all, help your followers do what you want them to do. If you like them to share your content, show them how. If you want them to buy, make it clear and straightforward.
13. Tell Stories on Instagram
If you already have an account on Instagram, you would probably know about the Stories feature. Stories sit at the top of the follower’s feed and let them see a series of pictures/videos in a row from the same user.
For marketers, this feature is a beautiful opportunity to increase their Instagram marketing growth. You no longer need to try to convey your complete message in a single image/video; you can string several pictures/videos on Instagram stories together to tell a narrative.
So, What are Stories?
Instagram stories are different from your usual posts in the following key ways:
- These images/videos flow from one to the next in a slideshow
- Instagram erases each image after 24 hours
- Because the pictures are full-screen, there won’t be any captions
- Others can not see comments
Also, you don’t need to think about trying to be higher in your followers’ feeds. All of the stories sit at the top of the app in chronological order, and the users can scroll through them to find the ones they like.
14. Follow some storytelling techniques
Stories will help brands show some personality or apply a narrative to their products. Followers will see your pictures in the order you want them to. That’s what makes them, well, stories!
Here are a few tips for first-class Stories:
- Try to Offer something different: Don’t just string together your routine Instagram content. Show “day in the life” or sneak peek glimpses to make your content feel something special.
- Concentrate on the narrative: Try to give Stories a beginning, a middle, and an end. Introduce your users a person, product, or place, grab the user’s attention, then knock them out with a killer CTA.
- Try to be informal: Stories tend to be more intimate, and less polished, than other Instagram content. That doesn’t mean that they can look rude– far from it – but you may show your brand’s human side here rather than displaying usual advertisements.
If you are lucky enough to have a verified Instagram account, you can even add links to Stories. Adding links makes for great CTAs, where the user has to swipe up to land on your site.
You may take advantage of this feature to present a different style of content. Also, balance your carefully composed timeline pictures with more off-the-cuff Story content.
15. Work with influencers of your industry
The next marketing tip in the list of best Instagram marketing tips is to work with influencers of your industry.
Influencers are the VIPs of your industry, and their word can go a long way with the buyers. Whether you’re trying to build your Instagram presence or make sales, their endorsement is just what you need.
To make this work out well, you first need to identify the right people.
Good influencers should:
- Have a suitable audience (that might buy)
- Always be visible and vocal in your industry
- Also, have a history of influencing their followers’ decisions
16. Do not overpost
The next important tip in the list of powerful Instagram marketing tips is never to overpost on Instagram.
Overposting may cause your followers to feel annoyed due to the following reasons:
- Your posts will clog your followers’ feeds
- Multiple posts from the same account make the user annoyed
- Most of the users’ feed will be covered by your posts alone which makes less space for others’ posts.
Due to the above reasons, the user may take a decision to unfollow your account permanently. So don’t ever overpost on Instagram.
According to a study, the optimum rate of posting on Instagram is 1-2 posts per day. So, make sure you won’t exceed it.
17. Cross-Promote on Other Social Media Platforms
Another way to leverage your Instagram marketing growth is to promote your Instagram on other social media platforms. You may already have fans/followers on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc. who already know you and trust you. So why not invite them to support you on Instagram as well?
If you focus on cross-promoting, you can generate more exposure to your Instagram posts, increase your brand image, and bring down the price of creating new posts.
Depending on your goals on Instagram, you can cross-promote across on other social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter in different ways. Here are some useful ideas:
- You can automatically post your Instagram posts on other social media platforms with some tools such as Hootsuite.
- Also, promote your Instagram-only video content on LinkedIn or Facebook and drive traffic back.
- Promote your Instagram contests using other relevant social accounts to increase your follower count.
When implemented effectively, cross-promoting can help leverage your Instagram marketing growth.
18. Follow Instagram IoT influencers
Who is an IoT influencer?
Influencers are nothing but individuals who have the power to affect the purchase decisions of others because of their knowledge, authority, relationship, or position.
IoT Influencers usually share what’s in store for the Internet of Things. They keep you up to date with IoT news and discussions and get interesting viewpoints and expert analysis on IoT developments. Unfortunately, not all IoT influencers are experts.
Who can be an Instagram IoT influencer
In principle, almost anyone with a significant number of contacts or followers on Instagram can be an Instagram IoT influencer. Instagram influencers usually come in many flavors, each wrestling with challenges unique to their situation or company, and the imperatives of their particular niche.
All the IoT influencers have one thing in common. They’re embracing social media platforms like Instagram to engage in conversations, ask questions, and share what interests them the most– so you can do your jobs better.
That means if you really want to get inside the head of the users leading up efforts to create Smart connected IoT products and services- Taking a look at how we use Instagram is a great place to start.
Here are some examples of Instagram IoT influencers:
- People with lots of IoT contacts or followers on Instagram
- IoT executives
- Owner of IoT site with thousands of registered users that write articles
- IoT recruiters
- Someone with a popular IoT video or podcast web channel
- Members of IoT groups
- IoT Entrepreneurs
- IoT Visionaries
You can follow these kinds of Instagram IoT influencers to increase your Instagram marketing growth.
19. Get users to follow you on Instagram for discounts
If you’re looking forward to increasing your Instagram marketing growth, the best place to start is your present customers.
- This marketing tip works particularly well for retail customers because it’s so easy to set up – have them show you that they follow your Instagram business account at your point-of-sale, and then give them 15% off (or whatever you decide).
- If yours is an e-commerce site, this is still doable using some tools for Instagram like Wishpond!
- Create a landing page or popup for your site that gets users to give their email address and provide a bonus entry action that provides them credits for following you on Instagram.
- As soon as they’ve done this, set up a triggered email that sends them a coupon code for discount automatically.
20. Engage with your followers on Instagram Live
Instagram Live is an excellent avenue to explore if you have sufficient fanbase to do it.
- It’s a unique way to interact with your followers/fans on a more personal level.
- Your Live broadcast can be of a few different formats – a few that work well are product launches, Q&As, and influencer takeovers.
- Whatever the form may be, make sure to announce your live broadcast well in advance (on your Story, on other social media platforms, and in a post) to give your show the best possible shot at performing well.
These are some of the useful tips for increasing your Instagram marketing growth. I hope you follow these tips and boost your business online through Instagram.