The pandemic brought every economy at its knees and called out for a change in every sector whether it is food, health, or any other industry.
The major focus of all the individuals in lockdown was on their health and this further escalated the feeling of anxiety, depression, stress and isolation.
Individuals in this lockdown faced majorly mental health problems along with getting conscious about their physical health and the fear of getting caught by this deadly virus haunted them continuously.
It also gave rise to important needs for infusion to control the insufficiency of not accessing a clinic for treatment and therapies.
It has been estimated that the investments in the health tech companies which focuses on mental health management sector, with around 75% which comes directly from the US market and will reach around the pool of $1.4 billion in the year 2020.
There always something better even in the worst appears true when we see a brighter side that the pandemic made everyone conscious about their health.
Along with that, the companies which are functioning in the healthcare industry got much recognition and to survive in the competitive market they need to adopt a feasible solution.
The disposition of healthcare mixture digitally to control and manage the chronic health condition of the patients was the prerequisite need to curb the health problems faced by these patients.
Accordingly, the investors have been tremendously been adopting an optimistic approach towards digital health.
This sector in the middle of the year saw a major record on its investments.
Telehealth and majorly telemental health are the kinds of services which provide support to the mental conditions of the patient and in some cases may provide assistance to even the family members of the patients.
The patients affected by COVID-19 were 198,000 globally and deaths were around 7,900.
The psychological symptoms pertaining to COVID-19 has been perceived that the individuals are facing more anxiety and stress disorders
Though all of us got to know that we can defend ourselves from infection with the help of a few sanitary steps still anxiousness of not attending gatherings and crowded places are still among the biggest fear of individuals.
The highest number of mental health patients are the students, workers and frequent travellers which are anticipated to grow the psychological issues such as anxiety and stress along with their limited income, job security and other factors.
The major economies of the world have been shredding lights on the psychological effects of COVID-19.
The major concerns have been raised about the long-term effects of isolation and the fear of future while predicting the things when all odds favoured every individual’s life.
To curb the spread of the virus, the lockdown got implemented though it prevented the spread but resulted in boosting the mental health problems.
The treatment agreements for people affected by COVID-19 must inscribe to meet the physiological as well as psychological needs as well as the healthcare service providers.
The major question is to deliver the mental health services and taking into account that the patients are isolated which reaches a climax when it comes to discussing the role of telehealth.
The mental health support and its provision will pace up the requirements of the patients along with that it will conserve psychological welfare and manage the severe healthcare needs.
The Australian government made a reserve fund throughout the pandemic which authorizes a larger scope of services under the telehealth sector services which are to be provided
Moreover, the expansion of telehealth programs is majorly confined to the special need groups and the population at large as they do not possess any access to these programs.
Majorly the economies are focusing on the physiological health and the govt without any knowledge is ignoring the primary needs of the individuals who are not infected from the virus.
A further extension of telehealth support along with proper cornerstone and the campaigns which encourage to procure this ser
Expansion of access to telemental health support services with a focused public education campaign to promote these services would begin to address this need.
Communication of all healthcare needs is crucial when patients need to be in complete isolation.
Five key technologies supporting mental health management:
- Video conferencing and consultations play a pivotal role in continuously carrying the treatments and various therapy sessions.
- The wide popularity of telehealth services appears practical in managing health problems.
- The repayments and other methods of payments make it more overwhelming and attractive for the consumers.
Patient engagement tools such as mobile apps and portals:
- Mental health apps are practical in reducing the indicators which are connected with anxiety and depression.
- There are around 10,000 users globally which are not even aware of what they are actually facing.
- The healthcare data which is to be collected by the mobile apps and telehealth apps are to be transformed into some fruitful information to provide a customized solution and approach which is with prevention.
- The chatbots which are power-driven by Artificial Intelligence can monitor the patient’s health along with its symptoms, feedbacks, connecting patients to their psychologists for their therapies and treatments.
Virtual Reality :
- Gamification provides an enticing experience which expands the general efficacy and patient’s attachment. Patients can further make their ways via a close imitation to attain a level in their job as a wedge of the schedule of their treatment.
- Healthcare apps and telepsychiatry apps have seen massive investments and growth in the lockdown period. There is a huge demand for integrated and extensible programs.
- The capacity to exhibit objective proofs and convey the comprehensive stretch which goes together with mental health conditions and problems which will turn more evaluative for its further success.
- Along with the technological advancements, the single approach towards a patient may not fit all the types of patients as every individual and their digital treatment plans may not fit all as they have a unique condition, social status and their requirements.