Do you think that increasing your traffic is enough to boost conversion? Then you must think again! Websites are aimed to represent various brands on the internet, and they have objectives like generating leads, subscriptions, sales, sign-ups, and so on.
The goal is fulfilled when a website is making appropriate customers or subscribers. If your site is not perfect enough to get a reasonable conversion rate, then all your marketing efforts will go wasted. Right at the phase of your website design and development, you should make sure that it is built with a conversion-oriented mindset. Of course, your site should look professional and be built by a reliable website builder (for recommendations there are a lot of sites like Website Advisor), but conversion-oriented mindset is still one of the most important things.
Below are a few strategies to help you create a conversion based website.
1. Explicit Value Proposition
A homepage is an essential part of a website that should be attractive and engaging. When visitors land on your site, they must find concrete reasons to do business with you.
As the market abounds with tons of companies out there selling their products or services, your website should have some pointers that distinguish it from others. You have to distinguish yourself from all other businesses by creating a clear and solid value proposition.
Show the benefits of doing business with you. Instead of using buzzwords or useless slogans, clearly define your unique selling points.
2. Clear CTAs
Call-to-actions make your webpage or landing page more valuable as they direct your visitors towards the desired intent. From the shape to the color and the text of the CTAs, everything has an impact. You can also decide to place CTAs appropriately on your site by using techniques like heat maps. Also, add catchy texts on your CTAs that show urgency.
3. Choose shorter forms
As per the research of Clutch.co, 90% of people are more inclined towards web forms that provide features such as password stretch checker, progress bar, inline validation, etc. Also, they are more than happy with the web forms that are short and simple. Therefore, add a web form that is quick, intuitive, and can be quickly filled. Follow the right UX design practices and build compelling web forms with lesser fields. Shorter, simpler, and cleaner web forms make checkout or sign-up process easy and fast, which results in a high conversion rate. E-commerce websites can use the guest checkout option to remove the obstacles during the sign-up process.
4. UI/UX design
The UI/UX is an essential part of a website that determines the look and feel of it. If your site looks confusing and awful, then most visitors will leave it once they land on it and will never return.
For every creative design agency, the goal is fulfilled when a website is making appropriate customers or subscribers. If your site is not perfect enough to get a reasonable conversion rate, then all your marketing efforts will go wasted.
Website designers employ their skills and talent to create enticing user interfaces providing optimum user experience. Make sure that your website has easy to understand website elements that can be accessed conveniently. Build simple UIs without unnecessary elements and adding some common UI elements.
Color and texture should be used strategically on a site along with careful use of typefaces. The appearance of your site would determine how people would react to your site. To get a better impression on your website, enhance its UI/UX design.
5. Smoother navigation
User-friendly navigation is valuable for every website, and it should be intuitive and straightforward. Untidy menus are confusing for users, keep everything in the right flow. With a uniform flow of navigation, you can provide a pleasing experience to your users and help them find their ways easily. If your visitors are not able to find their way from one place to another, they are more likely to leave your site. Poor navigation causes a wrong impression of your website on visitors’ minds. It results in an increased bounce rate and declining traffic on your site.
6. Mobile-friendly web design
Smartphones and tablets have become an integral part of our lives. Therefore the need for responsive web solutions is arising to reach a wider audience. Create a website that is suited for all devices, including desktop, laptop, mobile, or tablet. Your website has to appear correctly on every device. Your visitors always expect to see your website with the best look and feel irrespective of the device they use to visit your site. A website created with optimum user experience is essential for higher conversions. Make sure your website is responsive and cross-browser compatible.
During the development phase of a website, developers have to take care of varied standards such as complying with W3C coding standards. Similarly, the website has to be optimized for search engines so that it can be easily found and indexed by search engines. The following are some ways to make your site SEO-friendly:
- SEO-friendly URL Structure: There is no one-size-fits-all method for creating SEO-friendly URLs but you can follow some rules for this – use keywords, avoid using superfluous characters or words, use canonical tags correctly, create an XML sitemap, reduce dynamic URL strings. Create URLs that are easy-to-read and follow these rules. For example: instead of using URLs like “https://www.example.com/content/?cid=720”, you can create more readable and user-friendly URLs like “https://www.example.com/content/what-is-SEO”.
- Integrate social media: Nowadays, both search engines and prospects value social media, therefore, you can integrate social media elements in your site design to get better search ranking and user attention.
- Responsive design: Your website should offer the same level of experience across different devices be it a mobile, tablet, desktop, or laptop. Search engines prefer websites that are optimized for mobile devices, hence it gives you an SEO boost.
- Write persuasive copy: Make sure that the content you create is informational and contains proper keywords, titles & subtitles, etc.
- Optimized images: Ensure that the images you use on your site are optimized for search engines, it means the images should have a proper size (30 to 300KB) and resolution (720dpi), and the ‘alt’ tag is used.
- Make site highly accessible: Make sure your site is accessible from all devices and browsers and optimized for speed.
Websites have become very crucial for businesses to market their products and services. Therefore, businesses, irrespective of their size and reach, are making hefty investments in custom web development services to develop websites for online visibility. However, this is not easy to develop a website, and it requires immense time and effort. You will need to find the best web development company and entrust them to the project to create your website. In this blog, we discussed seven effective strategies for developing a conversion based website. We hope the above strategies will be helpful for you!