Amazon always amazes the customers with its intriguing channels and applications. The buzz about the recent Amazon MiniTv is no exception to their user engaging project. And the cherry on the cake is that it is provided exclusively to the customers of India. Within no time the brand new video streaming service has stirred a lot of chatter. And who won’t be talking about unlimited entertainment that is absolutely free? So, why wait? Let us get into knowing more about this new Amazon MiniTv features, and what it has in store for the customers. Read on!
Within the Amazon India app, Amazon has launched MiniTV, a video streaming service that is ad-supported. To be clear, it differs from Amazon Prime Video. This application is integrated inside the Amazon shopping app rather than being an independent video streaming app like the existing Prime Video. However, the free video streaming app ‘MiniTV’ is now only accessible for Android and has not been developed for iOS yet. This launch looks like tough competition to the counterpart Flipkart Video streaming owned by Walmart, which debuted in 2019.
What is Amazon MiniTV packed with?
Amazon MiniTV is provided only in India, however, it has a large content library that is primarily available on platforms like Youtube. It includes content from strong affiliates. It covers a variety of genres like fashion, cosmetics, technology news, cookery shows, and other disciplines. It has brought a lot of laughing riot by presenting the shows featuring well-known comedians like Elvish Yadav, Sruthi Arjun Anand, Harsh Benival, to name a few. Amazon says it will release fresh and exclusive content in the months ahead, but no specific date has been mentioned.
Focus Points about Amazon MiniTV
- To use this service, an existing user needs to update the app, and once updated you can find the icon of the MiniTv inside the shopping app.
- If a new user, you need to download the Amazon Shopping app, and the MiniTv is included in it.
- Unlike the Amazon Prime video that needs a subscription either for three months or an annual, the MiniTv comes under a free video streaming service, accessible to everyone who downloads the Amazon app.
- In the months ahead, it is coming up with intriguing content from various personalities in diverse genres.
- The viewers are going to be informed on a variety of subjects. For instance, your kitchens will be whirled in authentic tastes with the channels like Gobble, Cook with Nisha, and Kabita’s kitchen.
- The leading production houses that have tied up with the Amazon MiniTv include TVF, Pocket Aces among others.
- Tech specialist Trakin Tech, Sejal Kumar’s fashion and beauty, Prerna Chhabra, Malvika Sitlani, ShivShakti, and Jovita George, will update viewers on the latest brands and trends.
The OTT industry and it’s business
By 2025, India’s online video business will be worth $4 billion, with subscription services accounting for over $1.5 billion and advertising for $2.5 billion. Online streaming is undeniably growing in popularity in India as the country’s app ecosystem matures, with as many as 30 apps currently commanding significant attention. FE bureau claimed that, while smartphone users in the country are just about 34%, they are getting increasingly accessible at under $100. Also, due to the emergence of Pandemic, the viewership on various platforms has doubled than it was earlier. With all the promising results, and the OTT Amazon prime video found India as the second-largest consumer of the viewership. This made them find new ways into the OTT market with content that can cater to everyone having the shopping app.
The competitors of the OTT industry
The OTT industry is highly fragmented, with multiple channels of entertainment and content businesses riding on the video streaming bandwagon. As a result, the market is growing more competitive, putting even more pressure on high-quality content to hold consumers engaged. To attract customers’ attention, businesses are focused on product development. As per the latest statistics, the top players giving a tough competition to each other are Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney+Hotstar, Zee5, Voot, and many others.
With constantly changing trends, TVs might not have taken a complete back seat, but are a bit visibly behind. Also with the unfolding of the pandemic and its consequential lockdowns has put a pause on television entertainment and other media content. This has tremendously doubled the viewership of the OTT that has diverse content and a variety of genres for a user to pick and watch. The trends, statistics, and patterns had led Amazon to launch its second OTT, The MiniTv, exclusively for Indian customers. The perks of it saying Unlimited and free has gone a lot with the customers. With that buzz around, you are just one click away to download or update the app and experience the new Amazon MiniTv.