Anand Rathi Advisors believe that the future of the Education Industry will be determined by consolidation, to compete more effectively.
Anand Rathi Advisors Limited (ARAL), one of India’s premier investment consultants, came up with a comprehensive report that gives an overview on the Global Education market.
The report largely covers a detailed insight of the Education and Edtech markets, examined funding trends, and discussed key education policies for 30 countries across the globe. The professionals have analysed and created brief profiles on more than 2,000 companies in this sector covering various Schools, Universities and Edtech players across the globe.
Key highlights of the research findings –
- Smartphone User Surge: The report anticipates a surge of 200 million new smartphone users in the next two years, reaching a cumulative total of 7.5 billion smartphone users by 2025. China, India, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Pakistan are expected to contribute significantly to this increase.
- Investment Influx: Over the past five years, the Global EdTech sector has witnessed a remarkable influx of investments, totaling $52 billion. This marks a substantial portion of the $84 billion invested in the sector over the last two decades, indicating a growing interest from investors.
- Up-skilling and Re-skilling Boom: With the aging population and muted growth in young demographics in regions like North America and Europe, the Up-skilling and Re-skilling segment is poised for accelerated growth. The demand for skilled resources and the implementation of continuous learning by employers worldwide are significant drivers.
- Foreign Universities in India: Since January 2023, the University Grants Commission has permitted foreign universities to establish campuses in India, opening up new avenues for international collaboration in the education sector.
- Geopolitical Impact: The Russia-Ukraine conflict has significantly affected international students, with approximately 400,000 students studying in these countries. This geopolitical event has reshaped global education dynamics.
While unveiling the report, Samir Bahl, CEO – Investment Banking, Anand Rathi Advisors Ltd., said, “At Anand Rathi Investment Banking, our aim is to provide comprehensive industry reports on themes that assist the global investment community in its decision-making and business strategy. The Global Education Industry report is the 6th report in the series of reports released by the Anand Rathi Investment Banking team in this sector and will pave the way for further deliberation on the theme among industry stakeholders.”
While unveiling the report, Atul Thakkar, Director – Investment Banking, Anand Rathi Advisors Ltd., said, “According to projections, the Global Education Industry is projected to reach ~$7 billion by 2027 and the Global EdTech Industry is projected to reach ~$500 billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 18% primarily driven by rapid adoption of technology and EdTech tools by major players in the Industry and growing awareness about technology especially in the developing and under-developed economies. Further, the Up-skilling and Re-skilling sector is set to experience accelerated growth propelled by the rapid technological advancements and growing demand from employers all over the world for skilled resources and implementation of continuous learning for their employees.”