The unique features of mobile apps for healthcare unit are revolutionizing the manner of interaction between patients and doctors. Let’s know how?
What thoughts crosses your mind for the first time you think of the hospital? Obviously that dull and dreary image of waiting halls, longer-than ever queues and a lot of patients suffering from a number of ailments. In addition, waiting for hours for the arrival of doctors with whom you want to consult. This is how you picturise the hospitals. I know that even the thoughts make you feel sicker.
However, technological advancements have made life easier for you. Thanks to mobile app development companies for healthcare and medical applications. The distinctive features of Doctor On-demand app development had a significant impact on the working scenario of hospitals. And, even the customers (patients) are also very satisfied with services for serving equally in the remote areas. That’s the key reason due to which the healthcare units are getting serious inclination towards medical apps. They are not only in trend but are inviting huge business revenue as well. As per the research by Statista, the health market is going to reach the estimated figure of $58.8 billion in 2020. And, let me tell you that health industry has already reached $25.39 billion in 2017. A upsurge in industry to hire iphone app developer is going to push it further.
So, this assures that you are on the right track. But, there are n-number of features that you can include in your medical apps. But, why to make it complex? I know this is quite confusing to check on those features which are actually benefiting you.
Let me tell you about the 9 crucial features for your doctor on-demand app development:
- Building a User profile: A user profile is the brief medical overview of the patient that involves the minor as well as major details. Basic details may include name, gender, age, mobile number, address, and email address. Additionally, you can ask to fill in the height, weight, disease as well as the allergies, specifically drug allergies, if any. A patient can access his other details and medical reports after logging in.
- Fix your appointment: There is a lot of hassle when it comes to fixing your doctor’s appointment. Physically running to the hospital takes a lot of time. Also, a front desk staff to manage a number of patients daily. Initially, healthcare units came up with doctor appointment app development to streamline their hospital’s work process. Digital appointment fixing enables patients to get a trouble-free real-time booking with the doctors as per the available time slot. And, the best thing is you can reschedule your appointment anytime if you aren’t able to make it on time. Also, you can check if your medical specialist is not available for physical visit or on-tour, this lets you connect with another feature of virtual visit.
- Virtual Visit: One of the vital reason for the success of health apps is the virtual visit. This enables your doctors to easily connect with their patients who are in an emergency. Online video consultation serves extremely well for the patients that stay in remote areas and can’t easily make it to hospitals. The feature helps you connect with the doctors across the globe within any time frame.
- Electronic Health Records: No need to check with physical record files, for every time your patient visit hospital for a checkup. Maintaining these health records online for every patient enables doctors to give better medication suggestion from anywhere. Also, this enables your patients to get easy consultation with the doctors when they are opting for the second opinion.
- Digital Prescriptions: It happens so many times that patients forget their health reports as well as prescription reports in the hassle. This leaves doctors with no choice but writing the new one for them. But, those prescriptions actually help them in deciding which drug is actively showing good response over which patient. Digital prescriptions are the savior here, they do have other health-related information along with the previous dose of medical drugs.
- Creating a Doctor’s Profile: Whenever a patient visits any new hospital, he/she obviously doesn’t much about their doctors. Obviously, it’s not easy for patients to believe in doctors advice blindly. Now, if your app holds this feature of the profile with descriptions and reviews about the doctor the trust score of your patients will definitely go high. Besides the region of the specialty of the medical practitioner, the profile can show their days and timing of availability. No more reception inquiries now, you have all the information handy. Huge companies are trending to hire iphone app developer for the profile management integration.
- Geolocation: One of the most required features for an app of the healthcare unit is geolocation. This can guide your patients with the shortest path to reach the hospital. Especially in the case of an emergency, an in-built map can do a lot of help.
- Easy Payments: Every transactional app developed by mobile app development company carries the secure payment system. When we are opting for the digital payments in every field, then why not for the healthcare centers. A cashless system enables your patients to make trouble-free payment via credit cards/debit cards/digital wallets. Don’t worry about the security of your bank details, because apps like Google pay, Braintree enable security layer to protect your confidential data.
- Chatbot: Even if your medical app is handy for patients, there can be some people who don’t know the ways to navigate through a particular section. A chatbot in your app can help you solving this trouble.
These are the key features that you must care for during doctor mobile app development. Even if you are consulting any app development company or looking for an individual, check for their prior experience in the field. Hire android/iphone app developer who has a sound portfolio in-app designing for healthcare units. As the pro can guide you with more trending features to leverage better outcomes out of your mobile app.