Bard is Google’s experimental, conversational, AI chat service. It is meant to function similarly to Chat GPT, with the biggest difference being that Google’s service will pull its information from the web.
Chat GPT is an artificial intelligence chatbot developed by Open AI and released in November 2022. It is built on top of Open AI’s GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 foundational large language models .
Difference Between Google Bard AI vs ChatGPT
- Both Chat GPT and Google Bard are similar and natural language AI chatbots, meaning they largely do the same thing. Ask it a question and it’ll give you an answer, but they do have slight difference.
- Chat GPT has been is used for answering direct questions with direct answers correctly, but it has caused a lot of consternation among white-collar workers, like writers, SEO advisors, and copy editors.
- Google Bard AI is a versatile model trained on diverse datasets, whereas ChatGPT is specifically designed for accurate language translation. While ChatGPT excels in translation, Google Bard AI offers broader applicability across tasks.
- Where as Google Bard, on the other is a stand-alone tool — It may someday get integrated into Google Search, but for now, it exists separately and isn’t being integrated into other applications.
- Google Bard uses Google’s own LaMDA language model, while Chat GPT uses its own GPT-3.5 model. Chat GPT is based on slightly older data, restricted in its current GPT3 model to data collected prior to 2022, while Google Bard is built on data provided in recent times.
- Google Bard lets you give prompts via voice using your device’s microphone, which is neat for a hands-free experience. It also offers a quick “Google it” button which gives you in-line links to continue research outside of Bard.
- Where as Chat GPT, on the other hand, organizes prompts in conversations, which it displays in the sidebar. This is a handy approach, encouraging you to work with Chat GPT in longer chats around specific topics.
- The way Bard displays previous prompts. Click on “Bard activity,” and you’ll see each of your prompts, which you can see details or delete from history. You can also turn off Bard storing your activity.
- Chat GPT does offer a dark mode, which is a nice addition, as well as the ability to clear all conversations.
Which Stands better ?
Both Chat GTP and Google Bard AI hols there own magnificent features and looks really futuristic. Chat GTP is free to use and easily accessible, Where as Google Bard AI is a decent alternative compared to Chat GTP. Chat GPT is the go-to option and is worth trying to access first before turning to Bard.