As per the recent update of Google Ad Manager, there is an estimation of having 8 updates and tweaks that contains the connection with Google Analytics 4 (GA4), improved pricing, and many more. In addition to this, Google also provides details on 4 latest upcoming Ad Manager Improvements.
As per the recent publication, all of the updates or changes are explained in a detailed format in a set of release notes. Here are the specifications on everything about Google Ad Manager shared in this current week. Along with this, there is also a preview of what’s coming in the near future.
What’s new about Google Ad Manager?
Here are the following enhancements that are available in Google Ad Manager:
- PPID TTL Extension: There has been an increase of about 90 to 180 days. The time-to-live (TTL) for Publisher Provided Identifiers (PPID).
- Optimize pricing: To reflect the value of the inventory, the auction floor prices are increased.
- Facebook rebrand: ‘Facebook’ is replaced with ‘Meta’ across Ad Manager to match the company’s branding.
- Block ad experiences: The replacement has been made of the block ‘Allow video advertisements’ with ‘Block non-instream video adverts.
- Supply Chain object complete: For (MCM) Manage Inventory publishers, Google has marked the SupplyChain Object as complete.
- Google Analytics: GA4’s web data integration with Google Ad Manager is now in open beta.
- Bid rejection reason: In both reporting and data transmission, the ‘Bid rejection reason’ has been given more granularity.
- WebView API for Ads: This is now available to assist app developers in taking advantage of the monetization potential of WebView content.
Up-gradation of Google Ad Manager
Users of Google Ad Manager should expect the following upgrades to arrive soon’:
- Active view measurement: For mobile application display inventory in Ad Manager, that state is transitioning from a proprietary visibility measuring technique to utilize the Open Measurement (OM) SDK.
- App-ads.txt: For Connected TV (CTV) inventory, buyers will shortly start enforcing the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) standard for inventory transparency, app-ads.txt.
- Query migration: Google is transitioning queries from the deprecated ‘Ad Exchange Historical’ report type to the ‘Historical’ report type.
Updates To Google Ad Manager Coming Soon
The Google Ad Manager is now can expect an introduction of the update from Google soon-
Active View measurement: the update is regarding the switch from a proprietary visibility measurement technique to continuing the operations from the Open Measurement (OM) SDK for mobile application display inventory in Ad Manager.
App-ads.txt: very soon, the buyers have to enforce the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) standard for inventory transparency, app-ads.txt for Connected TV (CTV) inventory.
Query migration: Historical report type is taking over the query, which was previously handled by the ‘Ad Exchange Historical.’ This allocation is also done by Google.
About Google Ad Manager
Google Ad Manager (GAM) is an ad management publisher platform that is specially designed to streamline ad delivery, along with additional features like reporting and monetization. The combination of DoubleClick for Publishers and DoubleClick Ad Exchange made this possible to happen.
In simple words, DFP and AdX characteristics are now accessible on a single platform. Some of the listed characteristics are:
- Create, update, and deliver line items in DFP
- Manage sales, send invites for direct deals, and accept insertion order
- Manage web, mobile, and app inventory in one place
- Include AdSense and AdX to compete for impressions
- Comply with the latest privacy norms like GDPR, CCPA, and more
By taking the help of Google Ad Manager, publishers have a single management platform for all of their existing inventory (web and app) and various programmatic deals (direct and auction) running on them.