Google Bard allows users to export the responses produced by the AI chatbots to different platforms. Currently, Bard offers two options to the users: ‘Draft in Gmail’ and ‘Export to Docs’.
What is Google Bard?
Bard is Google’s experimental, conversational, AI chat service. It is meant to function similarly to Chat GPT, with the biggest difference being that Google’s service will pull its information from the web. Also: I asked Chat GPT, Bing, and Bard what worries them. Google’s AI went Terminator on me Like most AI chatbots, Bard can code, answer math problems, and help with your writing needs.
How to enable Bard in google workspace ?
- Sign in to your Google Workspace Admin console using your administrator account. The URL for the Admin console is: admin.google.com.
- Once you’re signed in, click on “Apps” from the dashboard. This will take you to the Apps page.
- On the Apps page, click on “Google Workspace Marketplace” in the left-hand menu. This will open the Google Workspace Marketplace.
- In the Google Workspace Marketplace, you can search for “Bard” in the search bar at the top. Once you find the Bard app, click on it to open the app’s page.
- On the Bard app page, click on the “Install” button. A pop-up window will appear.
- In the pop-up window, select the organizational unit (OU) where you want to enable Bard, or choose your entire domain to enable it for all users. Then, click on the “Continue” button.
- Review the app permissions and terms of service, and if you agree, click on the “Accept” button.
- After accepting, Bard will be installed and enabled for your Google Workspace account. It may take a few minutes for the installation process to complete.
- Once the installation is complete, you can manage and configure Bard by going back to the Admin console and clicking on “Apps” and then “Google Workspace Marketplace.” From there, you can access the Bard app settings and make any necessary configurations.
- You have successfully enabled Bard in your Google Workspace account. Your users can now access and use Bard within your organization.
Advantages of Google Bard :
- It aims to display the fusion of power, intelligence, and creativity.
- It provides conversational responses to the questions.
- Gathering data from online and customer feedback.
- Using a LaMDA lite model version for preliminary testing.
- Gathering suggestions to advance the AI system in the future.
Disadvantages of Google Bard :
- Biases, Inaccuracies, and Ambiguities –
Chatbots can still provide biased or inaccurate information. This is one of the biggest disadvantages of Bard. The dataset used to train its model can still include biased data. It is also not always accurate or its response can be misleading or outdated.
- Notable Creative Limitations
- Does Cite or Link Back to Sources
- Notable Inconsistencies in Responses
- Limited Generative Capabilities
- Chat GPT has become popular for its extensive generative capabilities. This is especially true for the paid Chat GPT Plus version which uses the GPT-4 language model. Bard has creative capabilities but it has limitations that also restrict its generative capabilities. It would have a hard time writing long-form articles, producing lengthy works of fiction, generating detailed graphs, and producing longer codes because it remains under development.