The world’s population is rapidly emerging, and so is the demand for water, food and shelter. As per the recent studies, there will be 1 million more people on the planet in near future and global demand for water could outstrip. Means, the water utilities industry needs to quickly evolve to meet the demands of a dynamic competitive market. It is needless to say that water-intensive industries such as manufacturing and agriculture etc, which use a large amount of water to produce vital goods. So to combat the crisis of water, and to combat the water infra challenges, we need a solution. But thankfully there is a solution called IoT.
There are the plethora of known and unknown challenges facing water Infra and management, and some of which must contend with significant disruptions produced by their techno-friend use of the Internet of Things (IoT) and a host of new technologies which will soon become mainstream.
With the new advancement in technology, the Internet of Things (IoT) helps to develop process competences by facilitating real time business decisions with computing and storage capacity. In nutshell, we can say that IoT has ultimately transformed the world. IoT has become an important vertical of any organization’s growth and even for water industries. It is very vital to understand that more and more companies have transitioned to seek IoT capability to run any operation lucratively with minimal manual intervention. IoT has massively spread across everyday life and commercial landscape, especially entered into water and wastewater management.
It is needless to say that a huge urban population will live in water stressed areas as this precious commodity is becoming scarce rapidly. Thus, the Internet of Things (IoT) ~ water infra management is mandatory in order to curtail water crisis. The IoT enabled water infra management solution can reduce water cost by up to 20 per cent, resulting in better revenues with lower costs. IoT enabled smart systems facilitates opportunities to reduce operational costs around construction, maintenance, and more.
So, the envisaged challenges under water infra are eliminated through remote monitoring and the use of plethora sensing technologies within quick response time. IoT enabled smart water management serves with a lot of connected devices in the field, that’s how it communicates remotely with landscape irrigation systems and weather stations. It facilitates pulling data back and commands out very quickly.
IoT facilitates You at Anytime and Anywhere :
- IoT enabled smart applications and sensors can facilitate water management more efficiently and safer for companies and employees.
- IoT enabled smart devices and sensors can assist with real-time data collection and alerts to prevent issues from occurring and reduce the workload on the employees.
- IoT provides all essential tools and utilities to serve in a manner. It allows easy to fetch each and every record at any time, from anywhere.
- Comprehensive water management is a comfort with IoT.
- IoT helps to create a smart communication environment and improve operational efficiency.
- IoT enables the machines smart enough, so technology is termed as ‘intelligent’ technology; as the intelligent technology realize wherever and how to preserve time and trouble.
- The Internet of Things is a quick, clean and interactive user interface that everyone can benefit from this without any glitches.
- Assure the security of Internet-based applications or websites only possible with the combining safety features with IoT.
- IoT especially in water management facilitates utilities to reduce risks that may exist in leakage, water distribution networks, as well as both water and wastewater treatment plants.
- The proper utilization of data in water infra modeling in IoT helps you make quick decisions regarding any changes or control in infrastructure.
- Detecting leakages, quality assurance, and matching demand with supply of water is where the statistical methods are possible with IoT.
- IoT implementation in the water infra makes sure no drop goes to waste because every drop counts.
- Reduce water wastage with functions like predictive maintenance, remote controlling, and real time monitoring.
- The key benefit of availing IoT enabled water solution is it can notify the water distributors about any leakages in the pipelines.
According to recent studies, nearly 4 billion gallons of treated water is lost each day because of leakage pipes, seepage and other reasons. The contaminants from old pipes or pollution can abruptly and unknowingly enter the water system, putting consumers at risk. Hence, water infra management systems are becoming more challenging day-by-day.
As our technology is updated, adding IoT smart devices can help enhance management and planning for water utilities. Real-time information can help applications be more useful with operational policies for infrastructure. The IoT facilitates you prevent the waste of one of our most precious resources; helps keep workers safer and more productive, and prevents contaminants from reaching consumers.