Microsoft announced its partnership with SAP and mentioned their joint collaboration to run ERP, enterprise resource planning by SAP and SAP S/4HANA based on Azure infrastructure. The SAP S/4HANA comprises of a number of SAP solutions. The SAP tools thus included in S/4HANA are as below:
- SAP Customer Data Cloud – which includes the acquired Gigya solutions
- SAP Sales Cloud – which includes the acquired Callidus Cloud solutions
- SAP Marketing Cloud
- SAP Commerce Cloud
The SAP ERP – SAP has been in use since long. It has been integrating business operations well. In 2012, SAP had quite a share of a quarter in the market as per a study by Forbes. SAP being a giant organisation never shun away from getting in to alliance with smaller enterprises operating with as low as 1000 employees! This proves their diversity of the client base and SAP is known to operate in about 45 countries across the globe.
The best part of SAP is none other than its business intelligence. This has been invoked by the detailed reporting measures, analytical well presented dashboards and data ware housing. SAP operates on a user friendly system which thus proved to be quite successful. However it is important to note that the SAP ERP comes with expensive software upgrades which are necessary to be incorporated in order to continue functioning. Also it is advisable to learn the software usage carefully to ensure seamless transactions. A single carelessness might cause a damage to the entire customer record. Seek expert guidance on the installation, upgrade process, usage and basic trouble shooting before you start off.
Microsoft ERP – The latest launch of Microsoft ERP is the Microsoft Dynamics 365 suite that seems to be the mammoth of all Microsoft tools till date! Microsoft Dynamics 365 is capable of the below critical functions:
- It helps to drive the major business operations faster with efficiency
- It helps in making faster business decision by better analytics
- It helps to connect with the high end clients and the complete supply chain hence streamlining the process
- It helps in financial reporting to be made faster with improved data analysis
- Employers can use this to find out the key performance driving factors for their employees. It helps in highlighting the potential issues that has caused a low performance which can be taken into consideration
There are various ERP programs available in the market. It is advisable to speak to the experts and seek their support to find out the right one for your business enterprise.
When the debate is about Microsoft ERP and SAP, Microsoft AX needs to be mentioned here, which comes with a host of benefits. Firstly, it is absolutely user friendly and any business process can opt for an easy migration to the Microsoft AX. If you already have Microsoft tools like Word, Excel, outlook etc. data transfer and migration is even faster and easier. This is largely in demand in the business operations due to multi-language support, multi-currency capabilities and that it adheres to the regulatory policies of 36 countries in the world. Global ERP support is also available with Microsoft Dynamics AX. Microsoft AX is known to have the shortest implementation time as compared to Oracle or SAP.