Modern computers have become so advanced and very powerful in terms of technology. What makes it more powerful and efficient is some finest programming codes. These programming languages are used in every digital device. Whenever you think of writing code in any language like C#, its needs environment under which it can run. These languages cannot execute itself without the framework.
In simple words, if we will try to explain then it is like a normal house in which we do our daily routine activities. Everything which is required for all these activities is already there in the house. In the exactly same way, C# language takes advantage of already present libraries and other supporting stuff to executes itself. .Net is a framework developed by the Microsoft, which can be used to build different types of applications like, web-applications, windows, and mobile based applications. It provides a controlled environment with built-in tools for developing, installing and executing different types of applications.
Microsoft started to build the first.Net framework back in the late 90s. Since then, it has been a come a long way ahead and has upgraded itself a lot not only in terms of features but also the ease of use for the developers to build exciting apps. .Net today which has received wide support from the programmers and developers for its stable model. The .Net is an open source desktop application software available for Windows, Linux, and MacOS. And therfore it is widely used by the developers to create application software for desktops.
Version 3.0 of Microsoft. Net Core, a cross-platform of the company has been released. The latest update of this new cross- framework has new features. .Net Core is the reinvention of the Microsoft .Net framework as an open source, cross-platform choice.
Why .Net is a Better Choice than .Net Framework if you:
- Love open source
- Are not afraid to learn new things
- Are not afraid of failing and again putting efforts to fix the issues, as .Net Core is not fully matured yet
- A student who is learning .Net
- Want to target your apps on Windows, Linux and Mac Operating system
Here are some key highlights of the .Net Core 3 version:
New and existing window applications will be able to run on. Running desktop on .Net Core 3 will offer performance improvements. Windows desktop will be supported through a set of window-specific.
- Fater build performance
- Close gaps in ASP .NET and EF Core
- Improve compatibility with .Net Framework
- GDPR and security
- Microservice sand Azure
- Engineering systems are more capable
- The support for .Net Core cmd tools and SDK style projects in the visual studio
- .Net Core, for the web and cloud applications development, is going to be continued to release in parallel with .Net Core. the latest version of .Net standard, providing APIs for .Net implementations will be released as well.
- The developers of console based applications will be able to use the .net Core deployment model. When a .net Core version is released, applications can be updated one app on a PC at a time, without concern affecting other applications. tools are being developed to bundle an application and .Net Core as single executable.
This feature is planned for all .Net Core workloads, yet visual studio take snapshots of the app at every breakpoint and step encountered during debugging. Now developers can revisit previous breakpoint or steps to inspect the state of the application at those times. this is a very time-saving feature. This feature enables you to test application when a visual studio is not running, and begin debugging with the visual studio when a problem occurs.
The .NET Core 3 software was announced on May 7, 2018, and Microsoft has planed its official release in the year 2019. With the help of .NET Core 3, the .Net Framework will get support for the development and design of desktop application software, IOT apps, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
A .NET Core tool has four kinds of developing cross application platform scripts and they are- Command Line Apps, ASP.NET Core Web Apps, Universal Windows Platforms Apps, and Libraries. The .NET Core Version 3 supports Window Forms or WinForms, WPF, and UWP. These features were absent in the older versions of .NET CORE by Microsoft.
Microsoft has also announced some other improvements in the new .NET Core 3 which are given as follows:
- This new tool will have access to the complete Windows 10 (i.e. WinRT)
- The .Net Core 3 will have the ability for hosting UWP XAML controls in the Windows Forms and WPF applications.
- It also has the ability to host the UWP browser and media controls, which enables the modern browser, media standard, and content.
These improvements and the support of Windows Forms, WPF, and UWP are a great help to the Asp.net programmers India. With all these improvements and latest features in the new .NET Core 3 will enable the developers to develop desktop application software more efficiently and easily.