SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) and SCP (Secure Copy) protocols let you securely exchange data with trading partners utilizing GoAnywhere MFT. GoAnywhere MFT is compatible with the newest SSH 2.0 policy and program, which enables password and SSH key verification.
What Is SFTP Server?
An SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) server is an interface connected with a recipient or a location during a message exchange. There can be several locations or receivers linked with a single server, but there can only be one server per destination or receiver.
Cybersecurity company GoAnywhere helps more than 3,000 companies safely connect with their trading partners, streamline IT operations, protect their data, and keep critical information out of the DMZ.
According to one of the users, Mitch D, Collier County Public Schools; “GoAnywhere is as robust a product as you will ever come across. It’s capable of handling anything from basic FTP to more advanced features like conditional steps, email notifications, and arguments, as well as running native commands. Their customer service is the gold standard for all others to strive towards.”
Visit https://www.goanywhere.com/managed-file-transfer/file-server/sftp-server to learn more about SFTP server
GoAnywhere’s SFTP Features
Here are the important features of GoAnywhere’s SFTP that can offer you:
- Use passwords, SSH keys, or both to verify the identity of your users. It is possible to use two-factor authentication.
- To manage your files, using the Get, Mget, Put, Delete, and Move commands.
- You can create, delete, and rename folders at will.
- Multiple files can be sent to and from the server at once.
- User-defined parameters allow you to retry connections and automatically resume file transfers.
- Use MAC techniques to check the integrity of your packets (SHA1 and MD5).
- To make things easier to remember, you may append constants or variables to file names.
- Use variables to override file names and other attributes during execution.
- Set up your port numbers.
Platforms Who Can Use SFTP
Suprisingly, many platforms can use GoAnywhere’s SFTP. Its built-in SFTP client and servers may be used in the cloud, on-premises, or in a multi – user environment. Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and other operating systems are all supported by the program.
GoAnywhere’s SFTP Resource
GoAnywhere MFT’s Admin lets you configure SFTP server links as reusable resources that may be accessed via drop-down menus.
GoAnywhere MFT Programs can include SFTP Tasks, which can therefore be used as part of a unified workflow. For example, a Project might be created to retrieve records from a database file, transform the records into an XML file, and then upload the XML file to an SFTP server.
Filtering of Data Sources
When using SFTP to retrieve or send files, you may use several filter requirements to include or exclude certain files:
- Special characters (such as “trans*.txt” or “*.xls”)
- Regular expressions are used in programming.
- The time period covered by the statement
- Variation in measurements
- Passed variables to the project
SFTP Log Details
GoAnywhere MFT creates audit trails (logs) for all SFTP transmissions in order to fulfill auditing and compliance needs. An admin can regulate the degree of log information for each Project. SFTP commands, SFTP messages, and file names sent through SFTP can all be included in this section of the report. UDP or TCP connections can be used to send log messages to a Syslog server.
Management of SSH Keys
GoAnywhere MFT includes a complete SSH Key Manager for easy handling of SSH Keys. The Key Manager may be used to generate SSH public and private keys, export them, and inspect them. In order to automate SFTP file transfers, these SSH Keys can be used in GoAnywhere MFT.
Wrap It Up
Setting up an SFTP server has many potential advantages for use within your company. It includes everything you need to get started, including your own personal ssh keys and access to your account data on your dashboard.