Nowadays, launching a small business implies so much more than just registering a company in your name. In fact, to succeed, small businesses require an online presence. After all, with so many technological advancements, building a reputation without creating an online brand is next to impossible.
To establish a loyal customer base, you need to generate content, create a visual identity, and place your products or services online. Still, running social media channels just doesn’t cut it anymore, which is why having a website has become a must. It allows potential customers to inform themselves about the brand by exploring your site.
However, you might encounter specific difficulties when trying to launch a website. For instance, if you don’t have enough experience in creating a platform or if you’re on a budget, then it’s time to look into other options. One cost-effective and simple option comes to mind — a website builder.
Before we go into the details and pros and cons of using website templates, here’s a short explanation that’ll help you understand what it’s all about. Basically, we’re talking about a platform that allows you to create your website by working with their easy-to-use website templates.
So, let’s see why using a website builder might be right for your small business.
Benefits of Using Website Templates
While having a custom-designed website might help your business, it’s definitely a more costly option. Below, you can see why a website builder is an excellent way to get your business off the ground:
● Simple setup — The great thing about templates and website builders is that you don’t need any coding experience to design a website. You only need to choose a theme and insert your content to make it original.
● Affordable prices — Apart from being easy to set up, website builders are cost-effective in more than one way. From built-in functionalities that help you manage the website to the completed design, there is not much to worry about. Hiring a designer and buying additional management tools would double (or even triple) the website creation price.
● Vast selection of choices — Renowned website builders will boast an abundance of themes and design templates you can browse through, allowing you to find a perfect match with just a few simple clicks.
● Updates — Most website templates will provide you with all the relevant updates. That way, you won’t have to worry about any glitches or delays — your website will be up to date.
Downsides of Website Builder Templates
Naturally, there is the other side of the coin. Using website builders comes with certain drawbacks, including the two major ones:
● Not custom-designed — It’s an obvious disadvantage of website templates. Although the templates offer you many choices, they still represent a limited selection compared to the possibilities you could achieve by letting your imagination run wild.
● Limited page number — Depending on the plan you purchase, you might face some limitations. For instance, a basic plan will allow you to create only a certain number of pages. So before you go for a website builder, see whether you need to pay for a premium plan.
In this case, there is no right or wrong answer. It all revolves around you knowing what your business needs. Still, as you can see, the pros of using website builders outweigh the cons. So, if you need to launch a website, creating it with a template might be the best decision you can make!