In recent months, news reports of cybercriminals attacking businesses have resurfaced countless times.
From the biggest tech companies like Twitter to smaller E-commerce platforms, almost everyone has come under the ambit of cyberattacks.
Many network solutions experts have pointed out that the pandemic has created favorable grounds for attacks.
In this resource article, we look to address some key issues in cybersecurity. Specifically, we try to look at the importance of cybersecurity in business broadband service.
The Coronavirus Pandemic and the Emergence of the ‘Work From Home’ Model
This has been noticeable as most businesses have opted to shift to a ‘Work From Home’ model since the beginning of the last year.
This has led to compromised network solutions where employees do not have the same robust internet connectivity as they once enjoyed in workplaces. The compromised nature of residential broadband means that cybercriminals can find a way into the mainframe.
Bigger businesses that have been able to understand the threat perception in this regard are working with their network providers to offer SD-WAN solutions.
This helps in extending the network architecture to all the employees of the organization. This enables complete security for the entire organizational mainframe and third-party software integration.
With WFH becoming a steady reality of our lives and times, it is important that businesses that have not yet taken care of such network infrastructure get it in place as soon as possible.
How to Ensure that your Business Broadband Service is Safe from Cybersecurity Threats?
In this section, we will try to shed light on an issue that most businesses are worried about. Can a business broadband service provider pay attention to cybersecurity threats? We take help from a network company based in Singapore to help us with this section.
- You must sit down with the executives of the business broadband service company and ask them what kind of infrastructure do they have in place.
- You need to ensure that they have DDOS or Distributed Denial of Service attacks in place. This can identify dangerous networks from attacking and trying to get an entry.
- The best business broadband service providers use sophisticated firewalls to offer an additional layer of security. This identifies threats from a real-time database.
- SD-WAN solutions if offered by the business broadband provider can help extend the network security perimeter to WFH employees.
- The presence of IoT services can ensure that integrations with other smart devices safely were and effectively done and that there are no problems.
There is a lot that the business broadband service company can do to boost cybersecurity for your organization.
3 Things to look for in a Business Broadband Service Provider
- Diversity of Services across Geographical Areas-
As a business that is looking towards expansion in different countries and continents, you need a business broadband and network provider that can help support the same. This is why working with a reputed and well-established company can help you support your growth plans. Whether it is helping out with phone connections or tv packages, flexibility is important.
- High Levels of Security and Reliability-
The first and foremost you should have in an ISP or network solutions provider should be safety. We have already discussed some of the major safety factors that you need to take into consideration. If the company has been in the industry for a long time, you can rest assured that they are credible and reputed and will be able to offer you great services.
- The Advent of Cutting-Edge Technologies-
With 5G technologies and Satellite internet becoming commonplace, the network solutions company must are be able to help you in this regard. Many businesses are experimenting with IoT solutions, Artificial Intelligence, and other technologies. This means greater digital footprints, stronger signal speeds, and higher levels of service and support.
The Bottom Line
There is a close interconnectedness between cybersecurity and internet connectivity. A strong and secure network ensures that your business is not subject to threats and vulnerabilities. If you wish to know more, let us know about the same in the comments section below. We will try to answer all your questions to the best of our abilities.