Like every other IT-related discipline, programming is continually evolving and developing. In this article, we will take a look at programming trends that shaped 2020 year. We will also take a closer look and the most interesting changes in programming over that period. If you work with programming languages, this article is your must-have!
Top 10 of the most popular programming languages in 2020
Other seven of the most popular languages are:
The year of frameworks
Some of the most popular frameworks in 2020 were:
- ReactJS (used primarily for web development purposes)
- VueJS (used mainly to develop SPAs–Single Page Applications)
- Laravel (your must-have if you work with PHP)
- Ruby on Rails (based on the Ruby language, it’s perfect for web development)
- Django (this framework will come in handy if you work with Python)
- Meteor (if you work in JS, Meteor will significantly speed your work up!)
The growth of PWAs
This abbreviation stands for Progressive Web Apps, and indeed, they were more and more popular in 2020. PWAs are developed using a number of specific technologies and frameworks that allow developers to combine both web and native apps’ features and characteristics. As a result, they combine a website’s broad reach and a mobile app’s accessibility. PWAs are easy to use, versatile, and fully functional. That’s why they are so popular. Some of the many companies that use PWAs are Pinterest, Forbes, Starbucks, Twitter, and Trivago. We can expect that their popularity will grow in 2021.
We would like to thank Polidea.com for the invaluable help in creating this article.