The Outstanding Features of Dynamics 365 Spring Release 2018
Dynamics 365 is a popular product from Microsoft- an ERP and CRM combination that helps businesses manage their operations and processes in a better way. With Machine intelligence and other inbuilt advanced technologies, Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a huge wave among large corporations. With the most recent Spring 2018 release, there have been multiple updates and upgrades and additions to the suite, and the buzz has got the Microsoft community excited.
The application platform that sits beneath Dynamics 365 sees a major amendment with this unleash. For Dynamics 365 v9, the gift XRM framework behind Dynamics is united with AN updated version of Microsoft’s Common knowledge Service (CDS).
This uses constant Dynamics code base and with backwards compatibility secure, there’ll be no obvious amendment, with existing Dynamics 365 apps continued to figure with none modification.
However, to a lower place the surface it currently implies that constant platform that powers Dynamics 365 is additionally employed by PowerApps, Office 365, Power Bi and also the Common knowledge Service – currently renamed Common knowledge Service for Apps.
The product is extended by applying third-party apps from AppSource, or mix with PowerApps and Microsoft Flow to make new apps and adapt business processes. With integration across the Common knowledge Service, connect with Power metallic element for custom dashboards and configurable reports.
D365 Business Central is accessible across 2 licences. Essential licensing covers the broad ERP capabilities most businesses want together with modules for monetary management and provide chain management. Premium licensing adds service order management and producing for the complete power of Dynamics NAV within the cloud.
Back in March 2018, James Phillips, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Business Applications Group, revealed that a new wave of innovation was to be unleashed as part of the Spring 2018 release of Dynamics 365. He went on to say that hundreds of core capabilities were added in three central areas of the suite-
- Intelligence capabilities
- Business applications
- Transformational application platform capabilities
Here are some of the specific features and applications Microsoft started rolling out in April for its Dynamics 365 Spring 2018 release-
- Dynamics 365 for Marketing – Finally, the Dynamics 365 has a component for marketing. This component had high anticipations and was hot on the list for a while. This is a completely new marketing automation component aimed at small and medium businesses who need more than basic email marketing to convert sales prospects into customers and relationships. Microsoft made a statement saying Dynamics 365 for Marketing will stand at the front of a sales cycle to help Microsoft dynamics company leverage automation and intelligence in marketing their services/products. Dynamics 365 for Marketing already was in the public preview domain since February this year.
- Dynamics 365 for Sales – On April 2, Microsoft rolled out a more fundamental and functional experience for those companies with lesser needs. Aimed at small and medium businesses, Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 for Sales is intended for lesser intensive use. The Sales Professional version recently rolled out is a streamlined version of Dynamics 365 for Sales. The new version has a focus on the core salesforce automation provisions. Dynamics 365 for Sales allows business to manage opportunities and leads in an effective manner, planning and optimizing their performance, with an added benefit to their productivity.
- Deeper Integration – Professionals at Microsoft also revealed that the latest release better integrates with the Outlook, Teams, Stream video, SharePoint, LinkedIn, Bing, and Azure. Offering a deeper and more meaningful integration allows Dynamics 365 users to cross-function and maintain their activities throughout Microsoft offerings.
- BI Capabilities – Business Intelligence that springs out of Artificial Intelligence is another aspect of Dynamics 365 that has improved in the Spring 2018 release. Microsoft has built and added something called “embedded intelligence” to the Dynamics 365 package for Sales application. Previously, this feature was tagged Relationship Insights.Through these added BI capabilities, sales reps get action recommendations according to the information they fill into their sales processes. The intelligent application suggests the next to-dos the sales reps must take to seal a deal faster. The component consists of three parts- a Relationship Assistant, email engagement component, and an auto-capture feature. The Relationship Assistant is the part of the package that tracks customer communications and generates action cards for the sales reps to follow. The Auto-Capture feature watches the salesperson’s Outlook messages and schedules and offers to track them and display alerts when needed. Email engagement component tracks the recipients’ actions such as whether or not they open their emails, whether or not they click on links, etc., and allows users to schedule their emails and reminders!
With these features in store, Microsoft Dynamics 365 latest release has caught the attention of small and medium companies, and a lot of excitement is doing rounds over the community platforms online.