With the growing popularity of the smartphone market and the ways via which various brands are influencing the market, is changing every quarter of an year. Every quarter, there has been stiff competition between various mobile phone brands – out of which one company that always seems to beat its competitors, and that is Samsung.
It is no surprise to see Samsung always leading the charts when it comes to smartphone sales. Each and every quarter Samsung has been a top dog when it comes to smartphone and mobile phone sales, beating out companies like Apple, Huawei and Xiaomi by huge margins.
The following are the names of the 5 mobile phone brands, whose sales have topped the Q1 2019 timeline, along with their current market share:
- Samsung – Market Share: 31.13 per cent
- Apple – Market Share: 23.28 per cent
- Huawei – Market Share: 8.12 per cent
- Xiaomi – Market Share: 8.03 per cent
- Oppo – Market Share: 4.46 per cent
Highlights of the Global Mobile Sales Q1 2019 data
- First of all, due to the release of the newest Samsung Galaxy S10 line-up, the sales of Samsung has affected in a good way, and it has helped the company to increase the overall gain, more than its nearest competitor, i.e. Apple. With the Samsung Galaxy S10 line-up currently in stores like Mobile Corner, it will continue to sell well, and will help increase the revenue margins for Samsung, beyond Q1 2019, and will also help the sales for Samsung in Q2 2019 as well.
- Apple has no such big iPhone release in the near future, and due to the holiday season being over, the sales for Apple have decreased since February 2019. This resulted in the loss of market share from 23.28 per cent to 22.38 per cent in March 2019.
- Even though Apple has a March 25th event lined up, there will still be no major iPhone releases in order to increase the number of sales for Apple.
The per cent of market share will continue to decrease in Q2 2019.
- Companies like Xiaomi, Oppo and Huawei are slowly coming out with newer phone releases, and therefore the current sales figure will continue to rise for these companies.
One important thing that should be noted here that the sales for Xiaomi, for the month of March 2019 is less than February 2019, even after releasing the new Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and Note 7 Pro in the Asian market. The statistical data is indeed weird because both Oppo and Huawei have gained over February 2019 in the month of March 2019. We will just have to wait and see.
Even though Samsung is currently reigning the crown in terms of smartphone sales, the story could easily change in Q2 2019, when most users or consumers will be halting their mobile phone purchases in the anticipation of Apple’s new iPhone, which is set to release in Q3 2019. Apart from that, the other brands like Huawei, Xiaomi and Oppo will continue to target the budget and mid-range mobile phone market in Q2 2019, in order to improve their sales figures.