The Top 5 Cloud Service Providers of 2016
The evolution of humankind and technology has always been one of the greatest sagas of the modern world. None symbolizes this more than the evolution of the Internet. As the Internet has pervaded even more segments of our lives, we have found new and exciting ways of getting it to work for us.
One of the major ways in which Internet has influenced us in our workspace is through cloud services. As businesses have grown and companies have spread across the world, one of the biggest obstacles to having people from different geographical locations work on a single project has been the able to collaborate effectively.
Enter Cloud Services. Cloud Service companies have managed to turn the Industry on its heel by allowing people from all over the globe to simultaneously work on projects, allow the flexibility of having multiple backups, and of course, provide a platform for companies looking to get into the IT space. Today, we take a look at the movers and shakers of the cloud service providers of today.
Amazon Web Services
- The biggest player in the Cloud Services Game, Amazon Web Services provides enterprise customers with end to end support and a complete cloud infrastructure support.
- As one of the earliest players in the game, AWS can’t afford to be lax and rest on it’s laurels as it has in the past couple of quarters.
Google Apps for Work
- Google’s Cloud Computing Services are mainly based on their App Engine and Search Engine services which mean that if any business has to integrate Search into their platform, there is no better cloud alternative.
- As a relatively new entrant into the Cloud Computing Space, we find that Google in their traditional Google ways is dabbling with everything instead of focussing on their area of expertise, Search and Apps.
Azure by Microsoft
- Microsoft already has itself deep rooted into the enterprise environment with their desktop OS and Word solutions being ubiquitously used everywhere. Their Cloud Platform, Azure, looks to build on just that.
- Microsoft is growing at an amazing rate of 96% YoY but many consumers feel that they’ve been shoved a Cloud Solution down their throat instead of asking for one!
BlueMix by IBM
- With the Soft Layer Cloud platform and BlueMix as a Platform Service, IBM has made some real progress in the last quarter into the cloud service game with their impressive cloud hardware as well as software solutions.
- As one of the Industry veterans, the old ideologies may be the only con holding back this amalgamation of cloud and opensource developmental services.
- Salesforce, one of the lesser known names on this list is one of the first companies to pioneer the software as a service model of cloud service is one of the veterans in the field of enterprise cloud solutions.
- Salesforce is no longer the only dominant leader in PaaS and might need to innovate to stay relevant in this extremely competitive Industry.
And with that, we come to the end of our countdown for the Top 5 Cloud Service Providers of 2016! Has your company used any one of them? If so, which one and how was the experience? Let’s keep the discussion rolling in the comment section below!