Listen : Audio version of this article
Zone startups India’s flagship initiative for the women entrepreneurs, empower has announced the two tracks in the Tech and Tech for the Social Impact as a part of its 3rd edition. empower for the women was launched in 2016 April and has grown with the 2 successful editions. Over the past two editions around 35 women, entrepreneurs have been a part of the 1, and 22 cohorts and the program has disbursed around Rs 1.2 Cr in grants.
Says, Ms. Devika Shah, MD & CEO of ICCL, “There is a need to create an ecosystem to encourage entrepreneurship so that we have more job creators and not job seekers in the technology space in our country. Also currently the percentage of women tech entrepreneurs is very low. However, I believe there are plenty of women working hard to buck the trend, and we need to support, encourage and enable them to do so”.
Zone startup is the international brand of the technology accelerators and the early stage funds which is managed by the Ryerson Futures Inc, Canada. In 2014, Zone startups in India were launched its accelerator program which is based out of the iconic Bombay Stock exchange building in the partnership between the BSE and Simon Fraser University. The past editions of the empower were supported by the Government of India & leading companies: PayU, HDFC, ICICI Bank, Microsoft, Amazon Launchpad, etc.
Cohort for the Technology for Business program:
- Sailaja Nori – Traxion LLP
- Sakshi Khanna – The Uncube
- Khushboo Maheshwari – Kaarva
- Chetana Pawar – Deazzle Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Gayatri Mathkar – Envention Solutions
- Vartika Manasvi – StackRaft
- Vidhya Mattumel – Vahmine Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Sonam Motwani – Kharkhana
- Pritha Datta – Econolytics
- Kajal Gohil – Arkidzoo
- Keerti Singh – Hitwicket
- Alisha Nanda – Hungerpacks
- Tanvi Agarwal – Vendaxo
- Sridevi Arunprakash – Guvi
- Riddhima Gauba – Interview Air
Cohort for the Technology for Social Good program:
- Meha Lahiri – Recity India Private Limited
- Mrudula Kulkarni – iKnowlation Research Labs Pvt. Ltd.
- Shilpa Malik – Bioscan Research
- Nandita Yenagi – Adaptive Agritech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- A SOUMYA RAO – Upsoil Technologies
- Megha Rawat – Kurio Designs –
- Poonam Gupta – Wee Sure
- Prajakta Kuwalekar – Engendered
- Richa Sethi – GetLitt! (Writer’s Bug Learning Pvt. Ltd.)
- Gitanjali Banerjee – Femtech Fertility Dost Pvt. Ltd.
- Vanita Prasad – REVY Environmental Solutions
- Romita Ghosh – MedSamaan
- Manasi Kulkarni – Innoweave Biocare
- Vidya T G – Whatsloan
- Sravani Chandramukhi Cheemala – Mirsae